View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Suspicious

I have been thinking about when to jump in posting on this board and then I found this msg. I was also prescribed anti anxiety meds by my dr but I did request them. This was back in Nov and I was having panic attacks. I thought that I had fallen out of love with my AH (didnt realize the A part at that time) and I was struggling with what to do about our marriage. I took them for about a month or so and in that time I realized the behavior I was seeing was addiction to his pain meds and that what I thought was a breakdown of our marriage was the mental checking out that he was doing. In my search on his addiction I discovered just how addictive the anti anxiety meds could be and stopped taking them.
I am lucky tho with our family dr because I know they wouldnt have pushed the med on me and they would have monitored me well on it. It is one of the reasons AH quit seeing him for his back injury. Our dr is old school wanted AH to depend more on therapy and anti inflamatory meds with just a few narcotics to help on the really bad days. He would choke if he saw the huge bottle AH comes home with from the 'pain management clinic' every month.