Thread: 7 days wiser...
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
klopper22

Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
One week is awesome (I'm just a day behind you.) This is not my first attempt at sobriety, but whenever i stay sober, even for a couple days, I marvel at how much EASIER things are. Just the fact that I don't have to lie about where I've been, or I don't have to worry about smelling like booze, or my words slurring. I am glad you are finding this too!

Nice job to you too Eidetic! It "aint no thang" if it isnt your first try. What counts is that you are trying again and you gatta be proud of that. As with anything else you are trying to succeed at, the focus doesnt belong to falling down. It is the getting back up that shows your determination to reach your destination. None of us will ever be perfect, but we can learn to master things only if we get back up time and time again.

It took me many attempts before I stayed with sobriety. You have to reprogram your way of thinking so that you can live soberly...without a crutch. You need to get some good data from fellow recoverers who have been there and got past it. You also have to try and remember what it is you learned about previous attempts to make it seem worthwhile to keep working so hard at something.

Looks like you are doing both of those. Good luck.