View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Mariposa18

Okay, do not apologize for feeling a certain way. One thing I've noticed is how often we say "I'm sorry" when we've done nothing wrong, kwim?

I can relate to that feeling of not enjoying things anymore. Of losing that "zest for life" if you want to call it that. It doesn't sound to me like you are making excuses, and yes I would tell you if I thought you were. It may very well be that you and Hubby are feeding off each other right now. He complains, you want to shut him up but can't so feel the need to escape. Is that part of it?

See here's the thing. I know a lot of us were taught that as women we were *supposed* to put everyone first. That as mother's and wives we come last. But I've noticed that those of us who do that end up NEVER putting ourselves on that list of important people and then feel miserable and unappreciated. I'm slowly learning that I don't have to do everything for everyone if it means putting myself last. It's hard, it makes me feel selfish at times. But when I take time to do something for myself, like go for a bike ride, it gives me time alone to think. It allows me to clear my head and come home feeling better.

I feel you on the complaining, I don't like that either. Have you tried telling him, nicely of course, that he is complaining too much?