Thread: The Latest
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoulSearchin

The Latest

As many of you know, due to recent events I've decided that staying at my home may not be the safest place for me so I've been staying with a friend. I've been going to my house daily to check the mail, get the paper and so on. I checked my answering machine- I had 3 messages that were a portion of a collect call. My husband is in jail. It gets better- the 4th message was from my mother in law. She's upset at the fact that I haven't bailed HER son out of jail. However, she didn't take it upon herself to try to bail him out. I called the jail and the told me he can't even get bailed out because he has to see the jugde tomorrow morning and even then, nothing is promised. I was pretty mad. I decided to call her and inform her of everything that's taken place recently, and of course, she knew nothing. She did ask me if I would be present with him tomorrow when he appears before the judge. I told her no and that this isn't my problem and I really feel like it isn't my problem. Am I wrong for feeling this way? I feel good about my choice but there's that little part of me that's causing me to second guess myself.