View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Anxiety and the waiting.

Hello, people. I don’t post much here, but I think I should.

I’m finally seeing a therapist…took me long enough to get there. I’ve had two sessions so far…and she really wants to get me on an SSRI for anxiety and depression, but the catch is that I have to stop drinking first…of course.

I started drinking a couple weeks ago after 80 days sober. That was the longest I ever made it. Alcohol calms me down…it’s the only thing that works. I know it’s not good to self-medicate…but I feel lost. Now I have to quit again…it gets harder to stop with each try.

I’m scared to keep drinking and I’m scared to quit. I know what I need to do, but assuming that I can quit again, how do I cope until my next session? Even if I go in there and have a week clean, I may not be able to get meds until the following appointment. Assuming I ever get the meds, I know it will take some time for it to kick in……so…..

…..In the mean time, what can I do to calm down? On top of that is the depression…all of these negative thoughts and feelings. I feel like I’m trapped in my mind. And I don’t smoke anymore . I can’t do that because of my blood pressure. I could probably sneak a few in, but it's not a good idea. Help.