View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JuneBug

Thank you. I think I am a little senstive right now because I am angry that the doc's answer is to give him a pain patch and now my husband is walking around and acting like he is withdrawing because the dose is different. I called the pharmacist myself and he said no he shouldn't be so what your witnessing is probably the act. I know there is nothing I can do, he knows he needs another doctor but also knows if he goes to my doctor my doc will put a plan into action. Since I don't know anything about drugs its easy for my husband to tell me stuff that this is how things are done. I asked the doc and pharmicist and another professional and they all said because he was on oxy he couldnt just go cold turkey because of the dose it would most likely led to a heart attack or something else. In his defense he does have physical pain because I've seen the MRI's and the other reports its just that it isnt as bad as he thinks and thats when he gets mad saying none of us know the pain he's in. I try to tell him its a combo thing that its physical pain as well as emotional and once he starts dealing with the emotional pain the phsical pain will ease but he doesnt understand the mind-body connection.
Since I don't know how to respond to him today and his act, I just keep giving him short answers which isnt the answer either. But last night I did get scared because its been a couple days now since the med switch and he slept for 14 hours without getting up to pee or anything part of me thought he died and I was scared to go check, I did check and laughed at myself afterwords.
Thank you for reminding me to take what I need and toss the rest. I don't know what to do next. I went to see a therapist and she told me to start thinking about what I wanted and needed and then tell him those things because I realize now part of my life has been put on hold because of him. Not just him but my fears too I guess.
I looked into a rehab centre and they gave me the number and told me to hold onto it and when I had a moment and talked to him to give him the number but then its up to him. He has told me he knows he should go but keeps saying he just needs to detox doesnt need the other part. I know he is afraid to face and handle the things that were done to him but I try to explain that its all connected. He says hes afraid that hes going to find out it is his fault, I try to tell him that will never happen, as I am a incest survivor and understand that part of it but until he can feel whats happened, here we are.

JuneBug