View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Big whine today. 1967 was the last time the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup in hockey.
They have just raised the ticket prices and they are the highest in the league yet they never even make the playoffs.
My whine is not about the team but about the dumb fans that keep buying tickets and merchandise while the owners of the team laugh at them; all the way to the bank.
I've always been a Leaf fan, even before I lived in Toronto for 20 years. Hottest ticket in town, on a Saturday night, is a Leaf Hockey Game. Good years (okay, there haven't been many, LOL) and bad years...I just gotta love those guys. I hate the price of tickets too, but demand dictates the price, so I just watch them on TV and cheer them on from here.

One thing I have always wished, is that they would put aside a large number of tickets for kids who could otherwise never ever see a live game...maybe twice a year? It's sort of a "You make a bundle on this...give something back" kinda thing.

Phewwww, my mama told me there are three things a lady never brings up in unfamiliar gatherings...religion, politics and the Toronto Maple Leafs