View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I remind myself daily that I am an alcoholic and I ask God daily to continue to give me the power to stay sober another day and when I am presented with an opportunity to do His will I will be able to see it and have the power to do it. I meditate in the mornings and pray. I read recovery literature almost daily. I come to SR

I work with other alcoholics to help them maintain or find sobriety. I do things with my family and friends. I try to always keep my side of the street clean by making amends as soon as I realize I have wronged some one. I help others when ever the opportunity presents itself.

I eat well, I relax. I thank God nightly for another day of sobriety & I go over my day reflecting on it, seeing what I have done well, what I need to work on, & to see if I owe amends to anyone.

I go to meetings 3-4 times a week. The urges have been gone for a very long time now, it is rarely even a fleeting thought.

Kindbird you did not put me off at all, all programs & individuals in recovery have similar methods of recovery they all share.

I learn a great deal from non AA folks both in and out of recovery. In AA people are encouraged to seek out all methods to help one in recovery. That is one of the great things about meetings, getting to share with others all kinds of different literature and activities.