View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

When my husband is active he'll use for an evening, or day or a not. Stop and drink till he crashes, wait a day or two and do so again. Can he keep going each day or night, yes he has before so they dont always go until the means runs out, an theres times wher he's even brought some cash home. Everyone is different.

Crack addiction is a mental and emotional addiction. After even first use something is changed forever in the brain, brain chemicals and synopsis(sp). The onlything that makes them feel "normal" is to go after the coke high again, and then its short lived. So at some point they again get the "low feeling mentally and emotionally and choose to replace that chemical" Sorry this is very laymen terms but you get the idea. Many will use something else, alcohol, pills ect to attempt to replace/ and or feel that way and often times, especially when using alcohol or pills they will again choose to use crack, restarting a binge. After my husband had gonw his longest on his own will time not using crack, he picked up active use again after a prescribed course of Oxys, during the time he was going through withdrawal