Thread: Decision
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 03:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Matt as others have already stated, you are not giving your self credit where credit is due.

Have you not made decisions daily to not drink?

When ever you make a choice that is a decision?

You posted today, that was a decision.

I understand where you are coming from, it seems to be very common amoung us all, alkies or not, we are our own worse critics, nothing I do is quite good enough.

Matt before I got sober I lived upset with myself, I was a failure because I never lived up to my own goals for myself, even worse though was I viewed every one else as losers because they were not living up to my standards I had set for myself or for them.

In sobriety I have slowly learned that I am not perfect, I am far from perfect, but I strive to progress in making myself a better person instead of dwelling upon my imperfections I work on them accepting that I will never achieve perfection, but that I can become better.

I am happy with where I am at today, warts & all, I accept that I have things about me I need to improve, but I look back and see I have made progress and that is a good thing. In sobriety I have also learned to accept people for who & what they are, I no longer dwell on what I feel is wrong with them, but instead look for the good in them, there are a whole lot of good people in this world then I used to think there were...... Funny thing I have found, but if I seek out good, I find it, if I look for the bad I get that as well!

Life is much better I have found when I look at the positive instead of the negative.