View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Good for you for doing what you needed to do for your own sanity, escape artist.

sorry to say, success in the business world is set up so that you can't make it unless you are willing to engage in some very unhealthy behavior patterns. And if you are the boss, it is that behavior you are expected to emulate in order to "fit with the program".
And can I just say that this may be a common scenario, but it is certainly not the case everywhere any more. I've not only had quite a few good experiences in my jobs (one boss saved my house from foreclosure; another trained me in a skill that still pays my mortgage - on her own time) but I became a successful manager with good ethics and people skills who people loved to work for.

Those are the jobs you want. The ones that keep you sane. Leaving lousy managers to wallow in their own sh*t, like escape artist did, frees us to find ones that are better for our life. Writing calm, rational letters to the personnel department after we're gone, explaining why we left with specific dates and examples and quotes and behaviors, can affect whether these people are allowed to do this to others in the future.