Thread: A little update
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tallulah

A little update

Hello everybody.. just a little update..

Well my face is healing better than I could ever have hoped for. I think I will get away with very minimal scarring if any at all. I have been makeup-less for several days and just keeping it clean and letting nature do its work and it is doing well. My friend said you can almost see it healing it is doing so good.

My hand, well, that is going to take longer but it is splinted and I'm doing my best. It's not easy. You really appreciate your thumbs when one is out of action. It's a little frustrating not to be able to do the things you take for granted (like use a knife and fork, lather your hair and do up a zipper) but I'm trying to do as much as I can on my own. It is a little embarrassing when you have to ask complete strangers to help sometimes but one thing I have noticed is that most people are generally incredibly sweet and more than willing to help with a smile.

Emotionally I am up and down. I suppose that is to be expected. But I am surrounded by love and care and prayers and people who kick me up the butt so I'm never allowed to get to 'internal' for too long. I've had some tough trials over the last 5 days trying to get other 'stuff' done and faced some obstacles but things are coming together.

The next big thing is the day after tomorrow when I have to return to the house to get my stuff. He (and/or his family or friends) may be there but I am not going to be alone and while it'll be very tough I have support and the knowledge that once that is done I never have to go back there again.

So I may be a little battered and bruised both physically and mentally.. down.. but I'm not out. This too shall pass. My friends say T was lost for a while but she's still in there.

I just want to say that I cannot thank you enough for all your words, thoughts and prayers.

T... xxx