View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mr B

Originally Posted by Zak68 View Post
Later that night she was drunk again. Monday was fine and last night I came home from watching a bag pipe band with some friends to find her drunk and home with the kids. Before I had a chance to confront her she passed out.
Zak, that's scary and extremely dangerous. How old are your kids? Are they old enough to be able to cope, by themselves, if there's a house fire? If not, I'd suggest you call your local child protection service and ask their advice. It was the best decision I made when I was trying to protect my children from their mother's alcoholism. My children live full-time with me now, with the local social services' (UK version of CPS) full agreement. They also arranged for alcohol abuse support services for my AXGF but she chose not to take it seriously. That was her choice. My choice was to protect my children from their mother drinking herself unconscious.

Take care of yourself and your kids. They need at least one dependable parent who's going to put their best interests first.

Mr B.

P.S. There's no point whatsoever in "confronting" an alcoholic about their drinking when they're drunk. All it will do is trigger an argument. Let it go.