View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jets467

Its mostly mental , To be honest I quit for 15 years 1996- then Jan 08 started pills got hooked then for some reason July 08 started smoking again. It started that my friend was here from FL , he smoked and I just grubbed 1 from him and that's the end of story, I loved the head rush and started right up a pack a day. When I went C/T pills Jan 09 I also stopped smoking again - So I will give you the long term way I quit 1n 1996 , I started thinking about stuff I loved at 1 point got sick from it then hated it and it was easy to stop even though I didnt want to stop , It just happened (Example when I was a kid I loved sausage in sauce that my mom used to make , I one day a stomach virus -I didn't know I had and my mother kept saying eat its your favorite but for some reason I didn't want it (I guess the stomach virus was starting) anyway I ate it , Puked and couldnt eat it for about 20 years again, Same thing happened when I was 16 -Loved southern comfort got drunk puked and to this day I cant even smell southern comfort- So i figured why cant I just make myself hate cigarette so New Years eve 1997 I bought a carton and sat home and smoked the whole carton and even chewed a few cigarettes and Licked the ashtray just so I would get sick from it and that was it , I stopped and it was easy , I could even stand the smell of smoke after that- I don't know if anyone is willing to try this because everyone I tell thinks I am nuts when I tell them but it is really the way I stopped- and it made it easy because I wasn't fighting will power any more, I just didn't want them, looking at them would make me feel sick- It worked for 15 years , This last time I was just like what the hell am i doing and stopped but I only smoked for 6 months so it made it easier. Good Luck -