View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kittens5

Yep, my addictionologist doc did call and said Suboxone doesn't cause seizures....(good news to me!)...but, cutting back on the xanax could have done it...or the combo of the meds. So, hopefully with the Depakote working for me....there will be NO MORE seizures! I can't just STOP any of my medications...because that is even more dangerous!!! So, the plan is to stay on the Depakote, 3 times a day, Effexor 75 mg, twice a day, and xanax .5 mg at bedtime...and Suboxone 8-12 mg a day. I'm really not sure if I'll ever know the exact cause of the seizure...but I will do everything to ensure it doesn't happen again...that's for sure!! I had no idea this combination would/could cause a seizure...it's not something you think about until it happens to YOU! Also, my addictionologist is the one who wrote me the Rx for the Suboxone, Effexor, and Xanax...wouldn't you think he'd have mentioned it, or not have given me that combination???? Oh well, live and learn!!! I'm doing a lot of reading now, that's for sure!! I really am lucky that nothing like this has happened before! All those days I popped mega doses of Norco/Oxycodone, etc. etc. yet I have a seizure 3 months AFTER I quit abusing narcotics??? It's crazy!!! Well, I'ld better go get some lunch and take my 2nd dose of Depakote. Thanks everyone, for your responses, and the PM's. xoxoxo