View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

Oh no Kittens! I'm so sorry you had to go through that...but grateful you are OK! That’s terrifying!! Isn’t it interesting that we take handfuls of pills in active addiction and the main thing we’re worried about is where we’re going to get the next handful? And this happened while you were under a drs care and taking the medication s/he rx’ed…I could just imagine what might have happened if this occurred while in active addiction….I think I’d lose my 5hiz! At least you’ve been gathering the tools you need to deal during a stressful time like this. That’s so scary though…I take subutex and effexor and have asked my sub dr many times for anti-anxiety meds. Luckily (for my addiction and safety) he has always been adamantly opposed. I’d argue that I’ve taken benzos many times in the past for anxiety and have never over used them or wanted to take more than rx’ed…he tells me it’s not the addiction he’s worried about but the combo. I always feel like he’s blowing smoke up my skirt b/c he sees me as a drug seeking fiend, but he insists it’s due to the co-committal risk. I always thought the biggest interaction factor btw subs & benzos was depressed respiration, and I’m like hello, do you know how much of this junk I’ve had in my body at once before and I’m fine? Then I have to remember that self-medicating was what got me here!

I guess you might not be able to pinpoint the exact reason that you had the seizure, but it sounds like the combo or the reduction of the benzos. Maybe you had a pre-existing risk and the meds (or reduction in meds) lowered your seizure threshold to the point that your body couldn’t fight it off?…hopefully your neuro can find you some answers, b/c I know how frustrating it is not being in control of your body -- or knowing what will happen if you continue to take the meds that are supposed to be helping you get better! Hang tough Kittens, you’re doing awesome and sound really positive considering what you’ve been through!