View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kittens5

Yes, the effexor did raise a red flag w/the neurologist...but I've been on it quite awhile...also, the fact I'm cutting back on the xanax...went from 1mg to .5 mg...also adding the suboxone to the mix...it's a crap shoot! So, as of now, I'm still taking effexor, xanax, suboxone, and depakote, but that may change next week when I go see the doctor. I'm just glad to be alive..and pray that I never go through that again! The Depakote is supposed to prevent any further seizure activity from happening. It's a mood stabalizer also...so hopefully I can get off the other stuff and just stay on that and whatever I need to keep me stable. I'm off to shower and try to do some scheduling from home! I won't return to work until next week...but for now, I can work from home...which is nice!!! I can't believe I can't drive for 3-6 months...but it's for the best. I wouldn't want to risk injuring myself or anyone else...having this happen behind the wheel. Too scarey!
Emmer, I wasn't aware you had a seizure. Where were you? How long did it last?? Were you aware of it at all??? For me, I felt a little "funny" like low blood sugar or anxiety....but that was it..no warning..it was lights out after that! Woke up in the ambulance...totally clueless!! If I think about it too much, I start to cry....the loss of control issue is a biggie for me.