View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kittens5

Warning: I had a seizure on Suboxone!!

Just an FYI....Sunday I had a seizure...out of the blue...cause not known.
I did start Suboxone in January...and have been taking 16 mg a day. I also am on Effexor 75mg immediate release, 2 a day....and take xanax...as needed for anxiety....I've recently gone from 1mg per day to .5 mg a day....so, there's a little backstory. Low blood sugar can cause seizures also, but I'm not diabetic or hypoglocemic that I'm aware of.

Sunday I went grocery shopping....and felt funny..like I needed water or food or something...I just felt jittery...next thing I know...I wake up in an ambulance!! It took me awhile to even know where I was/what day/year/etc. etc. it was. According to witnesses at Walmart....I collapsed, went into a big seizure, my head was pounding on the floor over and over agaain....I bit my tongue to the point of blood pouring out of my mouth....and this lasted a little over 30 seconds. A nurse helped me...got a pillow/blanket for me..and kept me stable until the paramedics arrived. I was admitted to the hospital. They did CT scan, EEG, MRI, and there were a couple of questionable spots, but nothing concrete....so, they are keeping me on Depakote so I don't have any more seizures....I can't drive a car for 3 months....maybe 6 months..depending on how things go! My face is pretty bruised, but all in all, I am in good shape considering what happened!!!

I have no idea if the combination of suboxone, effexor, xanax, is what caused this or not. The neurologist believes it is a STRONG possibility!!! So, I just want to caution any Suboxone users out there to be VERY careful with your dose and with mixing any medications with it!!!