Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
prodigal

OT: I'd really appreciate hearing from folks here who have a job

And I am not out canvassing for work or attempting to network on this forum. That is not what we're here for.

I'm here because I have a serious case of the "worries." And it's actually making me physically ill. Heck, dealing with a looney A seems like small potatoes compared to my worrying about getting a job; ANY job.

There are people from all over the country and the world who post on this board. I just want to get a feel for how good, or bad, it is where you live. Listening to the news or picking up a paper makes it sound as if the world is about to self-destruct. It also garners ratings and sells papers. I believe it was Mark Twain who said, "If you want to be uninformed, don't read a newspaper; if you want to be misinformed, read one."

Since I'm planning to move from an area with NO employment - approximately 30 percent unemployment here (and I'm probably being conservative) - I want to do my best to select an area or areas where companies are still hiring.

I want to alleviate some of my chronic worry, or at least have a "balanced" attitude as to what is going on out there in the REAL world. Thanks!