View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
veryrestless722

i would hardly call myself wise, but my story is i got married when i was 19 to a guy i met when i was 17, i was young and naive and totally ignored every red flag i seen, hindsight is always 20/20. a little over a year married and he runs off for 31/2 months, drinking binge, i was devastated, i let him come back, couple years later, he runs off with another woman for 5 1/2 months, i again let him come back, couple years later he runs off again, i was two months pregnant, the times he was there we fought all the time, it was a constant battle, he went through alcohol and pain pills, it was up and down , physical abuse etc...

i now have a 4 month old son that i am raising alone with the help of my parents, its been almost a year since my husband left, hes seen our son a total of three times for about 15-20 minutes each time, hes in rehab and wants me to not get a divorce , but that he cant promise he will be with me when he gets out, cause rehab says he cant date, hes an idiot, he hasnt changed one bit by being sober, he calls me like im his buddy and expects me to wait on him, i believe he has mental problems (literally) , in one week i have an appointment with legal aid, im keeping the appointment, its one thing to hurt me but i cant put up with a bad father like he is

i dont regret anything though because i wouldnt give up my son for anything but i hate that im tied to my husband for life now and will always have to put up with him and his problems, as it will effect my son more and more as he gets older

this is my story condensed, no way to explain the hell ive been through in a few paragraphs