Thread: A request.....
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Seeking Wisdom

I am so sorry for your loss.

Two years ago my husband died tragically as a result of his alcoholism. I was left to handle all the preparations for his services, memorial table, photo tribute ...etc. on my own ... I also prepared a eulogy as best I could.

I was having the officiating Pastor read the comments I had written, as was left nervously wondering in all the confusion if what I had written was suitable. After reading the words I had sent him, the Pastor emailed my back and told me they were the best tribute he had ever seen written by a family member... and I quietly cried as I read his comments. During that time I was so exhausted and numb, I had begun to question everything around me... and to have the Pastor reassure me that I had conveyed the words of tribute in the way I had hoped, meant so much.

Both of my husband's brothers were to speak at my husband's services, however, one brother kept breaking down and the other struggled to put his words together. I am sure I would have struggled as well if I had been the one to speak my own words instead of having the Pastor speak them for me.

Please be comforted in knowing that your words meant so much to those close to your brother. I am so glad you found the strength you needed during such a difficult time.

Visiting Sober Recovery helped me cope during the many months that followed my husband's death ... as it was only here that I felt anyone could understand this painfully tragic outcome to the powerful and deadly addiction to alcohol.

May you continue to find strength during the weeks and months to come.