View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 06:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Nallabelle
Go Browns!

Not a doctor and dont play one on TV. Just telling you what worked for me/could work for you:

Ok First of all, Oxy w/d isnt easy of course. No one said it will be. But I am going to once again say this. You are on a VERY VERY managable amount of opiate. Oxy or not (which of course is going to be stronger than vicodin, etc) 60-80mg is NOT that bad. People on this site have detoxed at home, alone with CHILDREN on 5 times the amount you are taking and I am not exaggerating.
I am not making light of your situation at all. Just saying it could be worse and it can be done.
If I were in your position this is what I would do: You have 5 days (starting tomorrow, the 15th) to taper down. Wont help much because that isnt long enough but it definitely wont hurt either. I would decrease your dose by 20% a day for those 5 days which will bring you to zero by the 20th.
Do as much research as you can on the thomas recipe and anything you can find related to home detox. Here is what I would start taking tomorrow: Cranberry pills, multi vitamin, gatorade to start flushing you out, soup and easy food
Get from store for the 20th: magnesium pills, immodium (specifically, NOT pepto), benadryl (youll need it to sleep plus you will get runny nose, sneezing, etc), melatonin, chamamile tea (taste like **** but it helps), L-tyrosine (a must trust me I just went through this). Umm I am probably forgetting something and if I do I will let you know. None of this stuff is expensive. If you have like 40 bucks you should be good.
You have to want to do this. You have to or you are wasting your time.