Old 03-14-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
DeepBlue

Good evening to all! Have reached Day 20 and feeling fine at the moment - I am actually beginning to feel more relaxed overall and realise that drinking was actually causing me (and my body) quite a lot of stress. I like HideorSeeks "raft" idea - for me this means the need to find serenity by living in a slightly detached way. By this, I don't mean ignoring reality or feelings, but just having the ability to recognise what is going on in my life from a short distance away. I have been reading some Buddhist books and find them very helpful in thinking about my spirituality. The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying is quite a big read but certainly makes you think!

Thanks to Carol for sharing a lot just lately. Your life sounds very much "in balance" and I suspect that you have found much joy and serenity in this. I would love to be able to live a simple life in a complicated world - and this is something I am working on!

A warm welcome to PYXC - congratulations on getting to Day 8 - you will find a lot of support here.

And now to Southwalian! Hi there, really glad you posted, as I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm sure no-one will be horrified that you are not on the wagon at the moment - that in itself is not important. The real issue is whether alcohol causes you a problem or not - and only you can decide on that one. There are many people who can drink in moderation without any implications. For my own part, I have tried and failed so many times to be a "normal" drinker so in the end decided that sobriety was the only way for me. I hope that you can keep in touch with us and let us know how things are going.

Anyway, am off to bed now to plan Week 4 - hmmm...I wonder where that will take me!

DB