View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Anna
Administrator

Grateful,

You have had so much going on in your life. I think it's good that you are kind of 'stopping' and taking care. I think detaching is SO hard to do, especially when you are in physical contact and especially in the case of your daughter. It seems like there are some bumps in the road with those relationships at the moment, but you will soon regain your equilibrium.

It must be so hard to know that you are not able to see your mother at this point in her life. Is it possible for you travel to where she is? But, then again, that would definitely add to the stress of your situation. And, of course, you know and your mother knows the bond between the two of you, so you can be with her in spirit.

I have been struggling the last couple of days. It's along the lines of what you were talking about Grateful, about the conditions of our bodies and minds. There is extra stress in my life as my daughter is in the last two months of a scary pregnancy and we are all nervous about what will happen at the birth. It's going to be frightening. As my son-in-law says, despite the large number of doctors and nurses in the room, you will be able to hear a pin drop, until the little guy takes his first breath, if he can. I have remained optimistic throughout, but I am finding my anxiety is increasing as the date comes nearer. And, I have my annual checkup in a few weeks and I am a basket-case at that time. So, it makes it much harder to deal with daily stuff that goes on. Thanks for letting me get this out, guys!