View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stagebear
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
I...was sober from alcohol almost four months. During this time my vicodin use increased.
I think you've already guessed that that's not sober. But it seems like you want it now. I haven't had a drink in 5 or so years but sacrificed my sobriety on the opiate altar.

I am nauseous 24/7. I also went through a period where I would break out in welts and hives all over my body and face even from very small amounts of opiate (10 mg). I feel like my body is shutting down on me as I can not hold down liquids or food especially in the mornings on most days.
You need medical attention. You state you would be embarrassed. But you need medical attention.

I plan to cold turkey it next weekend. I have five days off in a row from the 20th to the 24th. I wish I could do it sooner honestly but I don't have enough days in a row to get well from the wd until then. I started a liquid diet with lots of vitamins to help get my body get in good enough shape to do the detox and be back on my feet ready to work on Wednesday the 25th.
Gently put, your best "plans" have gotten you back here.

I will also need to find a recovery program so that I don't end up switching my drugs or going back to alcohol.
What are you waiting for? Until you begin your "plan"? Go now. Find an NA or AA meeting...go and listen.

I wasn't here when you were here before, but am sure I will be one of those who you perceive as "negative" 'cause there won't be a whole lotta hugs right away. The reason, simply put, is you are trying to control this as you controlled your "sobriety" before. it didn't work and your body is telling you it needs help.

Hoping you don't wait until you seek help, I remain,