Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
HideorSeek

I posted a couple of days ago about accepting life as it comes. Ideally, I like to envision myself on a raft, going up and down with the swells, not fighting, just accepting. Sometimes I can do this and sometimes it is much more difficult. On another thread I just posted:

I'm chugging along, looking left and looking right and thinking, Ok I'm doing well, this isn't TOO hard and I like this and I'm happy and "before" was awful and I can see myself making progress, then BAMM, screech and halt and OUT OF THE BLUE those old urges hit and I sit there just stunned. But more than that...humbled is the right word and cognizant that this journey isn't under my control at all, that I have to be forever grateful for any tranquility or respite because it isn't always that way. I am often caught up in the need to "get something" and then be able to move on. Well, hello me. I'm as likely to "get there" as I am to catching and holding onto a piece of breeze.

So I got a "life smack" today, for no real reason other than, perhaps, I NEEDED to get a divine kick in the butt just to remind me that I'm not driving the bus, but just another bozo in the back (as they say in AA). Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.