View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
liesagain

I'm simply saying that RIGHT NOW, there isn't outward signs to the kids, friends, family, coworkers that there is a problem.

more likely than NOT thats because YOUR sooooo busy covering for him and making excuses and doing the things that he should or could do

I wanted to clarify that a little.

I'm not sure of the ages of your kids.............but at night when they come in and want to talk hang out with or play with your abf........and hes "too tired" because of the oxy

have you ever found yourself telling them.......oh he's just tired he worked hard today?

If?when he failed to keep a commitment he made to one of the kids or didnt show up or showed up but was soo wrapped up in himself and his pills or to doped up to really connect.....ever find yourself making some excuse for him?
For the kids sake....so their feelings werent hurt?

When you have plans with friends and hes not interactive because he's high do you find yourself making up an excuse? Or if hes irritable making excuses?

You said you and your friends can complain for hours.......all red blooded men or whatever...........and they dont have addiction in their home........

the thing is YOU dont know if theres addiction in their home................they just may be working AS hard as you are Covering it up.

This addiction and codependent stuff takes time and some lessons are learned the hard way......................noone can tell you what you should do in your life