View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

I'm not even joking here but think about it...opiate addicts get the initial energy "boost" but that fades quickly. Then they have this sense of well-being and overall good feeling...but maybe they know what they're doing is wrong. At that point, some of them find this forum, still feel all 'lovey dovey' and talkative...and we all just have soooo much to say. WE hear stories just like ours about losing control, cheating, stealing, lying....not being sure we want recovery...but talk a big game. Maybe some of us post a few threads and then forget about the forum. Cut to a few months later and we are at the terminal stage of addiction where we are shut ins...sit around at home all day long, lost conections w/friends and family, feeling desperate and lonely and need someone to talk to....back to sober recovery for as much support as we can possibly get.

I don't know much about a meth/crack/coke addiction (tho I did have a run w/adderall, so similar) -- when i was taking that I know I would talk and talk and talk but couldn't sit still - lots of energy and concentration - but on the useless things. I've had friends w/addiction to stimulants and I notice it begins w/tons of energy and turns to almost insanity - no sleep, strung out, paranoia...seems the last thing they would reach for or think to do is sit around at home on the computer and talk out feelings. When the opiate depression hits you feel so lonely but you crave for someone to lean on. I have a feeling at the height of a stimulant addiction you're more lost in your head and want solitude. Don't know if I'm onto something or just talking out my a** , but it seems like part of the rationale or answer to the question you asked, imo.