View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ReadyToStop87

Exclamation IV Heroin Coughing up blood

Hello everyone i am new here and Someone i know is going through something extremely scary so i am trying to gather some information for them as they are really freaking out.

This particular person has been using heroin for about 7 months, IV for 3 months (mainline). Just recently last four days or so has been feeling like they are getting flu like symptoms. Thought nothing of it. Yesterday around noon after fixing a shot, this person i know coughed up about half a pepsi cap of blood in total. Thought nothing of it. Did not cough up blood after ten mins or so after the injection. Didnt cough up blood again untill later. The person fixed another shot and did it. And sure enough right after injecting the shot the person coughed up to see if there was blood and there was.

So what we know is they are coughing up blood only after a shot and it lasts maybe five to ten mins. Its not that much blood but its bright red. NO chest pain though and really not to much difficulty breathing. I am scared for them that it is pulmonary embolism but i am not sure.

If anyone could help this would be such a big help !!!!! Please very nervous over here if anyone has idea's as to what this could be please respond.

Dont want to visit doctor because they will know he is using and try and give him him a shot to detox him etc. He does plan on quitting tomorrow with methadone. Do you think if he just quits tomorrow on methadone and no more blood comes up we are in the clear.