View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
escape artist

abusive working relationships

i just quit my job because i had reached the limit of dealing with an insane boss. (i think she's alcoholic and she also confided once that she thought she had adult attention deficiency disorder. disorder is the word! she was so disorganized, and then she turned on me, contradicting herself every time i turned around, getting paranoid...once she told me that another associate thought i had been talking about them with one of my assistants--and i said that is not mine to own -their paranoia---she tried to insist it was my responsibility what other people think and say of me. and she definitely had no idea about boundaries, which i tried to maintain but she took offense. i realized then that i was in another abusive unrecovered alcoholic relationship....one would think this would not be the time for quitting a job, but it got to the point that she was blasting me everyday--like it was her daily thrashing of me. i am hoping that i did the right thing in that i realized it was a very unhealthy environment to be in daily, so i accepted what i could not change and quit.