Thread: loving mom
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dslalonde

can't stop the tears

sitting here @ work, tears are streaming and i Hear what you are saying. It is so true, all of it. My worst fear is if i do desert him, and he commits suicide, i could not live with myself. I truly would die. He was our miracle child, conceived with only a piece of one ovary and much hope. He was such a joy all thru growing up, I stood in awe of him, as we travelled the country with him. Ability to adapt, make friends, and always remain true to himself. Out of my 3 sons, my admiration for him was always there. Let me just tell you a little about him and his strength and good will. He is the youngest, 10 years behind his brothers. We had the opportunity to travel around the country, keeping our home in La. and always asking him whether he wished to move to the new location or go home. He did this willingly and happily, and was a extreemly gifted athelete in Competive swimming and football. He overcame so much and yet always had a smile on his face and a strong direction. Became involved with a young woman with numerous problems. Very dark and suicidal. The relationship lasted 3 years with him constantly shouldering her faults, until the day he found her in bed with his best friend. This is the young man who sat with her thru her suicide attempts, brought her flowers every day of their relationship and helped her family deal with her.
From this day, my son has been destroyed and i have watched him spiral to what he has now become. As you say, this addiction is a true demon. One I do not know how to defeat. I just can't lose him!