Thread: loving mom
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
parentrecovers
let it grow!

Originally Posted by dslalonde View Post
you know, it is such a dark and terrible world to live in, this addiction world. I guess i just cannot understand this. I agree this is not my fault, but as a mom i feel like i have really failed him in some way. The guilt is excrusiating. HE acts like I owe him to continue this way of life. We are going away for the weekend. This is really killing me and i need to recoup. I am scared of what will happen to our home while we are gone, yet my husband and i need a break
can he stay somewhere else for the weekend? we got a small safe for valuables/account info and the such and had a second set of locks put on our doors, and did not give daughter the keys. that way, we had the power to lock up our house and get away, without having to worry about her getting in/being here when we took breaks or had to be gone..it seemed harsh at the time, but the pain and fear it saved us all was the right thing to do. we could sleep at night AND didn't have to go through the heartaches of her stealing from us for dope etc.

remember - your house, your rules. protect yourselves from the ADDICTION, and don't feel guilty - it's not your son, it's the disease.

hugs, k