View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
christin1225

Originally Posted by cleanandfat View Post
has anyone experience rapid weight gain after quitting suboxone?
it's been 7 months and i have gain almost 20 lbs. i'm freaking out.
my appetite was insatiable but is starting to subside. but no matter how many calories i watch or exercise i get, i'm not losing any of it. it's frustrating. i went from a junk that looked like death everyday, to a clean and healthy fat girl. i just want to look like myself again. any advice?
Being on suboxone and having had to struggle all my life to keep my weight down, I'm interested in hearing the responses.

I agree with LB as far as 20 lbs not being a lot for an underweight person to gain (which you sound as if you were definitely underweight).

Still, this is an interesting post and I would like to say to those who may never have had a weight problem (and especially if you've never spent any time FAT), please don't dismiss this post as frivolous. You may think that fat is better than addiction any day day of the week and that no one should worry about it. I promise you that they both (opiate addiction and being fat Monday through Sunday) can kill your spirit, equally painfully.

Whether or not it's common for other folks to gain weight, "cleanandheavier" (still not sure that I'd call you fat), you may want to attend a few Overeaters Anonymous meetings to help you to put into practice the step principles when it comes to eating. (I'm assuming that you've kicked up your exercising and that you're on a 12-Step program already).