View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
timetogo
"Taking the risk to blossom"

My two cents? You know you're no fool. Telling him serves no purpose, at least no healthy one in my opinion.

I've just got to say my jaw hit the ground when I read your post because you're right-she has zero boundaries. I'm appalled that she did that.

You're right Freedom -- I know I'm no fool. I am really trying to focus on the innappropriateness of this woman and not on the information itself. It's kind of like she wanted me to know that sge knew he was an ahole so now you know too. She went as far to tell me that she had always wanted to kick him in the ba***. Nice talk from a 75 year old "therapist".

I am certainly blessed to work with a wonderful "family" of sister counsellors and therapists who support me and I can tell certain things to. We are close -- more like friends/family than co workers. And yes, I do share some things with a very close "soul mate". Thank goodness for them.

I hope you have a great time at the conference! That is what was firing you up before this news. Allow yourself to recapture that enthusiasm and completely enjoy yourself.

thank you PT for reminding me that I do have great things in my life too -- and you're right -- this conference is one of them.

Right now -- I think I'm going to go to bed and have a really good cry -- it's been a bad bad day. But tomorrow is another. Thanks to everyone -- as usually you ground me and help me make decisions that are truly helping me with this thing called recovery.

Thank goodness for all of you too!
Laurie