View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
realmcenter

Thanks all for your responses and welcomes.

What I am going to do for now is avoid alcohol for a little bit. Maybe a week, maybe more. It's one of those things I'll have to take day by day. My body needs a break no matter what.

This has bothered me a lot the past few days but I do think I've narrowed down the biggest issue I'm having recently: compulsive social binge drinking. All I know is that being out with friends or acquaintances at a bar or club with easy access to liquor has been a combination that has nearly killed me too many times recently. If I'm at a friend's house or by myself I don't behave in the same dangerous manner. I can barely even get tipsy at home by myself since it's not enjoyable and it is very rare that I have just passed out drinking at a friend's house (and it hasn't happened recently at all). I don't drink when upset or angry, I just can't. I can even skip on going out to a bar or a club and be just fine. I go out to be with friends and acquaintances yet keep ending up doing something very dangerous instead more and more.