Thread: Game over
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
kwigers

Wow,
Reading these posts remind me of how I came to feeling suicidal twelve years into the 12 step program. I love the 12 steps, yet, I believe there is a message or perhaps many messages that go on overlooked and neglected.
Acceptance is the key. We begin to accept what life offers us, without anger and without resentment. We begin to stop our meaningless judgment of others and trust that everything is happening for a reason. Thus we look for the gift within the situation.
I hear a lot of blame tossed out, yet where is our responsibility? In not looking at ourselves, we are still coming from the victim consciousness. Truth is that someone can do something to us once. After that we are a party to the second event, we make the decision to be there when we know full well what this person does. Thus they don't do it to us any longer, WE do it to ourselves.
The twelve step program is one that can take us from the victim consciousness to a responsible consciousness, but only if we are willing to move forward and work the program.
~Cheryl