View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
dorton

We are back,and we actually survived the weekend. It was very hard!! Taking the girls with us was the best thing we could have done. The 4 year old is so full of life and funny it is hard to be upset and down around her. Thank God they travel well with a total of 26 hours in a car. I saw glimmers of change in him but not NEARLY enough for me to feel comfortable that this will work forever. We had a session with his counselor on Fri. before we took him, she didn't really say anything we didn't already know--stay strong, have a set of rules when he comes home and kick him out if he doesn't stick with them, drug test him often, that he expects everything to be all about him, that he has to have a job, etc. I just keep telling myself that the program is only half over so hopefully the second half we will see greater and faster progress. I just wish I could know for sure if it will work for the long haul. But I know there is no one that can answer that question. Please keep praying for us as we hane a LONG, LONG road ahead of us.