Old 03-08-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by anubus View Post
ABF called tonight, and I didn't answer the phone. He called both my cell and house phones over & over, several times within several minutes....I think he's panicing because I've NEVER ignored his calls before. He has a DUI hearing coming up April 21, I know he's running scared, and I don't think he ever dreamed that I would not be there for him this time.

Anyway, he has tools here (these darn tools are his "tools to keep in touch with me" or something)....I can't tell you how many times I've been through this...ugh. He tells me he's coming a certain day, then doesn't. He phoned this past Monday....He was SUPPOSED to pick the tools up Friday or Saturday (yesterday). I told him to make a list of what's here (my XH left me his tools when we divorced, and to be honest I don't know which are who's), and I would take them to my boss's garage (the minister). I told him I didn't want to see him, so he could pick them up there. Well, naturally I didn't hear anything from him until today, no list, nothing.....it's Sunday night, and all of a sudden he's ringing both my phones off several times......so I decided I'm not gonna be his beck & call gal, and didn't answer the phone. When he couldn't get hold of me, he called my boss which is no problem really. He told my boss he wants to pick the tools up Tuesday now.

But now my boss is having building materials delivered tommorrow, and won't have room for the tools My boss says ABF sounded mellow, didn't seem like a threat, said he doesn't want any problems, just wants his tools (quacking, quacking). He told my boss I was holding his tools hostage.....what a JOKE.

My boss wanted to call him back after he talked to me, so I just told him to tell ABF I would get in touch with him about the tools. I'm NOT calling him back tonight, and HONESTLY I'm debating whether to even call him TOMMORROW....I am NOT his beck & call girl, and this is just a tactic to get me to respond to his control. When we're split up, and I leave messages on his machine, he never gets back to me for 2-3 days, so WHY should I jump when HE calls.

But NOW WHAT????? ABF will have to come HERE to get those stupid tools, and push my buttons....... Even if I'm not here when he comes, he'll do stuff to get to me, hit my emotions, I have been here/done that too....ugh.

And, what should I expect with his behavior now.....I mean with me finally taking a stand, rejecting him? Do they usually get angry & possibly dangerous? My boss says he doesn't sound like a threat, so maybe I'm just getting scared for nothing. I am very glad I'm taking this stand, but I admit I'm kinda uncomfortable as to what is gonna happen next.

He's gonna do what he's gonna do. Find a safe place to leave his tools, let him know where they are, you don't have to actually talk to him to do this.

If the phone calls are bothering you that much, change your numbers. Have been down this road, the easiest way to encourage him to contact you is to keep responding to him. If you ignore him long enough, he will probably get tired of it and stop pestering you, eventually. Good luck.