View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Daisy30
I'm growing

Thanks so much! I always hear just what I need here

I don't know if FIL would call just to talk to my older dd she is not biologically their granddaughter although they treat her as if she is BUT FIL is not a touchy feely type of guy...lol He has a medical background and his conversations with me are very funny....he does a lot of talking and then says "do you have any questions" or "Do you have anything you would like to say"....it cracks me up (he is trying) .

I also feel bad for older dd. She is having such a hard time with this seperation. She has not seen her bio dad since she was a baby and I think she feels like she is losing the only father she has ever known. I need to get her into counceling. I asked at my last Al-anon meeting and they no longer have the al-ateen program here. Although they are wanting to start something up.

I am defiately aware that it is a line of BS about the unsupervised visits. We spend a good chunk of time in the therepy session talking about how that is something I am not willing to bend on. I really appreciate your input!!

Your thoughts are very helpful to me...it is crazy how I can feel like I am at step one all over again.

I keep turning this over to God. I cried all through Church this morning. I need to keep letting go...