View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tallulah

Just a :ghug3

You are ok. It will be ok.

In the darkest moments I look at the serenity prayer. Sometimes I break it down to it's component parts and apply them to the situation like a lens through which I can view it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change.... Can I do anything to stop this person doing what they are doing? No. It's late and there is no-one from the fellowship I can call. I can't change that.

Courage to change the things I can.... I can do something proactive rather than reactive. I can read from my literature, journal my feelings rather than internalise them, come to SR or another online support group. I can reflect on the serenity prayer or some other reading to help put situations into a clearer perspective.

Wisdom to know the difference.... I can do things to counter my jumbled thinking. I can ask for my HP for peace, restorative sleep, whatever I need to restore balance.

You are right the situation is insane. And he is doing all the same things he usually does expecting a different outcome? But you are not? That is what counts for you. :ghug