View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kelsh

Exclamation Divorce from a person not there anymore...

I can understand all of this. I was the alcoholic & I wanted the divorce after I went to treatment & sobered up...I thought. My husband drank but not like I did.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge & my second husband was no better but he drank like I did.

I am back with my first husband...have been sober 20 years & we remarried seven years ago. This does not mean this would work for everyone...it takes a lot of communication & trust & truth to be able to do this.

I was to the point in my life where I wanted to be sober more than anything else in my life....I had to get sober for myself and myself alone...the others came next.

My heart aches for those of you going through this now. It is almost like a love/hate feeling to the person we thought we knew. I am a Mom to five children & a Grandma to seven. My life is full of love & communication with a willingness to agree to disagree.....there are some very hard issues to deal with that cannot be changed but I am learning to change my emotional reaction to these issues to help protect myself from going over the edge.

Love to all of you out there working for a better YOU!