Old 03-06-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
anubus

Thanks, guess I need to call the Codie police....ugh. I felt comfortable with my decision before this. I truly appreciate the honesty. Bottom line is that I need to do this for MYSELF....if something horrible should happen to him (and I'm afraid it might if he continues the way he is), I am the one who has to live with "if I only". Believe me, I had a dear friend who was murdered by her A x-husband. I knew both of them, and nobody thought he was capable of something like that. Two weeks before it happened, she told me of some weird phone call she got (not from him).....neither of us took it seriously. This is a small town, and things like that "don't happen here". That was years ago, and I still live with the "if I would have only" haunting feelings.

I know that is far different from this situation, but honestly, it woke me up and I now take things more seriously. I have to be able to live with myself. I know it sounds really stupid, but ABF really does think this DUI is the end of the world. Putting myself in this scenerio, and I mean this is REALLY REALLY stupid (embarrassing to even post it), but was serious to me. I had a tooth pulled recently, and I am scared to death of meds (I'm highly sensitive).......so I truly had myself talked into believing that the Novicaine was going to kill me. I'm NOT crazy, I swear!! But I was SO afraid of the Novicaine because of past med experience. I made my 25 year old daughter go with me, I was SO afraid. Fortunately the dental assistant also had panic attacks etc, so she helped me. But still, I NEEDED people, and this was just a tooth.....And I'm 50 years old. Of course now I laugh about it, as I'm sure ABF will laugh about how afraid he was about this DUI, but right now it is a real FEAR to him.

His mom is NOT a good influence on him, she doesn't encourage him at all....I think in some sick way she WANTS to see him fail in life.