View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
straightlines
Traveler

Thanks for you replys Rebecca4 and Luka3.

To Luka3, Your reply was very supportive. Im slowly learning that i need to detach from this life and get away. Focus on myself. Its very hard, and I'm trying to find that haste to keep me going. I think a big problem of mine is, i just care to much for others and not myself. I also forgot to mention i got an 11 year old brother at home seeing this too. He doesn't know all the details, if none at all about my fathers drug addiction but time will surely give him a chance to. If i could i would take him as far away as possible from this and never return. At this point its close to impossible. Most of my other family lives either out of the country or state. However things turn out, ill make sure he gets the best life possible. I cannot stop worrying about him. Thanks again Rebecca4 and i hope to hear from you again.

To Rebecca4, you were not being ignorant and you did give support in a way. But what i forgot to mention is when i said "3 surgery's later" in my original post i didn't mention that the third surgery almost perfectly fixed his back. He has titanium plating and bolts put in with fused bone. After the surgery when the pain meds were unnecessary it still continued. I dont blame him directly for getting hooked on the vicodin or building the addictive type personality. As it wasn't his fault he had that severe pain and needed the meds regardless. Once he got to those stages of buying the drugs illegaly he should have known better. Obviously he had a problem and he knew it. Then the soboxone treatment should have been his handle out. He only did the suboxone to continue his abuse the easy way. My dad does have a doctor working with him since the surgery, he was my doctor to. Family physician, that just turns his back and prescribes more pills. I do not agree prescribing someone valium while detoxing with soboxone.

Thanks again.