View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kittycat1164

I just need to VENT!!!!

I go to court today to see about maintenance (KY's form of alimony). He took 70 percent of the joint income with him when he left in August so the girls and I are struggling. WAAAAYY struggling. Anyway, my attorney gets a fax yesterday stating they're objecting to the motion. He says he can't afford any more than he's paying in child support, that I'm he cause of the financial problems, and that I could earn extra money, and that it's a shame I have to be disrespectful to the father of our children when the reality is there is not enough money.

What the hell is the disrespectful crap? What's with that? I have NEVER slammed him to the girls. I have done NOTHING like that. He always kept the bills at work, WE never had a real budget. All he ever did was say I was spending too much for groceries or for the girls' school clothes or whatever they needed (" I only have 2 pairs of jeans why do they need more than me?") And yet, I'd see him go to the bar every day, I see him buy 12 packs daily. I did not buy myself anything, it was always stuff the girls needed. He had money for what HE deemed important, and always said it was MY fault we were broke. I had to "charge" the stuff I got for the kids, he had the cash and the availability to see what I was spending. I never could see what all he spent. God I hate the way alcoholics rationalize. The disrespect thing bugs the crap out of me. I have made it a point to tell the girls their father has a disease, that what he is doing and going through is the alcohol NOT who he really is, and this is what I get. Me, disrespect him? And going to strip clubs and meeting up with strippers and texting strippers, that's not disrespectful to me? Neither of the girls want to spend time with him anymore. Maybe he thinks that's my fault. It's not. I've tried not to sway them one way or another, I go out of my way to NOT say anything about him in front of them. And this is what I get? WTF????????????

<< stepping down of my podium now, I can breathe again, thank you for my moment of rage >>