Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

Just so I have the facts straight

He has a warrant for a DUI, failure to appear, so he has a suspended license

So you let him drive your car

in some sort of effort to "help" him, or actually just because you fought, you call the Police on him

You get angry at the Police for letting him go (you may want to learn something from them here by the way, they seem to know something you don't, like how to let an alcoholic go)

Then you let him drive YOUR car again???????

You get him arrested then loan him YOUR car and then YOU get him a lawyer??????

So YOU do all this but you want HIM to straighten out HIS life???

The mind reels, I don't want to be harsh but, I'd stop worrying about him and start worrying about you

If he gets pulled over it aint gonna be him that loses his car, you might want to keep that Lawyer on retainer, you'll need him trying to get your own car back, especially if a judge hears this story. You will also be liable if he gets in an accident, and you may not be so lucky to get out of jail after an hour if he's drunk at the time and you loaned him your car after you called the Police on him showing you knew he had a suspended license. That stuff has a way of coming out in court.

What if he kills someone driving YOUR car while he's drunk after you called the police on him?

You are laying yourself open to a world of legal and personal hurt here.

The steps in Alanon say something about being powerless (check) and our life being unmanageable (check) then it goes on to say something about being restored to sanity.

Step Two would be looking very attractive to me about now if I were in your shoes......because the situation you have described here sounds....frankly ...insane....yeah he's an alcoholic, and that's what alcoholics do, but to call the Police on him, then look for a Lawyer for him and let him borrow your car is not healthy behavior.

Get Help....You don't have to live like this any more....

Last edited by Ago; 03-06-2009 at 02:55 AM.