Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mle-sober
mle-sober

SoberforMe,

I think that, first of all, you need to give yourself some credit. Here you are - sober. Waking up sober. Going to bed sober. Regardless of all the other noise in your head, I hope you can let that thought surface and recognize it for the achievement that it is.

In terms of the rest of the stress and anxiety in your life, I wonder if at least part of the tension has to do with what you expect from yourself rather than what others may or may not be expecting from you?

Like, why are you carrying the financial burden in your relationship? Why are you responsible for making sex work in your relationship? Why are you taking on a full-time job, school, and performing all that the same time? Why are you holding in your sorrow over your friend's death? And why, for heaven's sake, do you not go to bed when you are tired?

It's almost like you are scanning the world for directions about where to walk and how to step and what to say next and when to breathe. Who says everyone else gets to be the boss of you? What do you want?

Well, I hope that doesn't feel harsh. I hope you can find some time to take some time for yourself and relax and begin to process your friend's death. And I hope you give yourself some credit for your sobriety. You deserve it.