Thread: what's changed?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Katie))) - I did stay clean, for the better part of a year, but wasn't in recovery. I worked, paid bills, but was pretty miserable. I also still held onto the idea that I could use again, at some point, but would be able to "control it". It took my relapse to prove me wrong.

My program of recovery isn't one I'd recommend to most..I mostly depend on SR and the friends I've made here, along with some people who've known me most of my life. I don't go to meetings, but I did, at one time, and I use what I learned there. If what I'm doing, today, stops working, I will get to a meeting in a heartbeat.

It works for me, because I want recovery more than anything. Just being clean didn't work. I also moved away from where I was using, but I did it because that's where I got locked up. It just so happened, that I got locked up in the same area where my dad/stepmom live, so here I am.

She'll figure it out when she gets tired of being miserable. Having the same behaviors, but not using, does NOT make us very happy. Most of us either go back to using, and hit bottom eventually, or we find recovery...I hope she finds recovery.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy