Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
KindBird

Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Personally I believe we live on forever in the hearts of our family and friends. Of men and women whom we have been able to pass the gift of recovery on to. Our legacy is what we have left for others, after we pass on.
I'm with Rob.. And have been thinking about this lately some.. There is something so precious about this life - I know I was wasting it when I was getting wasted.. Maybe it will only be a tiny something living on, like the compost we make in our garden, the street trees I planted in San Francisco over the years (when I see them grown I get goose bumps), my daughter and her life that I share blood with; my step daughter and her two kids who I share no blood with but lots of life experience and love..

In sobriety I feel intentionally tender toward the world - that is just the feeling. I think I was more careless before when drinking.. I just wish kindness in our lives and the lives of all.. all beings really.

Spent the day at the new Academy of Science in SF last week and came away kind of heartbroken about the animals in small spaces - this is supposed to be a state of the art facility and there are amazing animals from all over but so many are cramped into small spaces.. That is not ok! (I am going to write to them).

Anyway, I don't know what will happen as our lives moves on - as we age and expire from this earth.. For me the challenge is to live today lovingly and consciously and in support of people and systems that take care of the earth and its beings..

thanks for this thread and all the posts from everyone.