Old 03-02-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
macgirl

Ive actually known him for 25 years becuase i had a crush on him when i was a teenager..but he was older..ect. I didnt see him for years except every once in a while becuase that circle or friends all got into severe addictions.

His ex that ive been speaking to gave me the run down, which was just what he told me when he had 2 years sober (when we started dating)..that he stays sober for around 2 years, then goes on a 2mth or so bender, then hes good again til another 2 years or so & he gets the calling.
SO i guess im just waiting for this bender to be over..I could have lived with the one/two days a week drinking, cuz he was still really nice & stuff & maintaned a normal life...its when it got out of hand & the crack use started that it became difficult. I know i cant make him quit & all my reading on here earning about enabling & co-dependent stuff has taught me alot.
Im trying to do what his friends/family could never do..just let him fall. They always would bail him out financilly..ect..well ive never given him a dime.

I have such a hard time with the fact that that drug can make the nicest, most empathetic/giving/shairing/honest person into a mean hateful monster, it just amazes me.