View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MyJoey

Welcome Josette,
Sorry for the he&& you are going through. We all know what addiction is like. I am sure your boyfriend is using more then he is telling you and mommy. Having a son addicted to drugs, I can tell you first hand it will not get better, it must get worst first and there is a chance it will never get better. Only he can change this, nothing you do or say will change him. I am the same age as you are and seeing what I have in my son I can honestly say I would get the heck out and away from him. I know easier said then done, but read some of what the girls on here have gone through with their husbands and you just might change your mind. I don't care how nice or wonderful your relationship was, it is not going to be that way with an active addiction and he has pretty much made it clear he is not changing.........so you need to work on you. Do you deserve better then an addict? Is this the way you want to spend the rest of your life? It will get worse and worse there will be nights he will stay out all night, nights he passes out, you will not be able to count on him like you should be able to count on the person you love, really is this the way you want to live? You can NOT control his life, but you can control your.....(((hugs))))